Re: mail signature

On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 07:01:26PM -0800, Drew Parsons wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 06:28:05PM -0800, Pann McCuaig wrote:

> My source hack sort of works.  The problem is that the signature is appended
> *before* you start composing (so you can actually edit it), so my toggle
> idea in the compose menu doesn't really help so much.

You could bind a key or keys to set and unset the signature and then
toggle it with that.

TBH, I'd be more tempted to solve the problem in the editor than in mutt
- it seems easier and more appropriate to me.  Either that or come up
with a signature that's generally applicable, I guess.

> > There is a mutt mailing list BTW, with many mutt gurus responding to
> > this sort of question all the time.

> Yeah, I had a look there first in the archives, but they didn't seem to
> address this particular aspect.  I felt I should ask among my "own"
> Debianites before crossing over to them.

They're more likely to know than us.  It's all about cooperation :-) .

> test sig

You don't want the sig as an attachment - it sshould be part of the body
of the message.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/