Re: Please proofreading for swhoisd (es.po)

Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 00:01:05 +0200
David Martínez Moreno <ender@debian.org> wrote:

> El sábado, 9 de septiembre de 2006 20:40, Nacho Barrientos Arias escribió:
> > Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 18:02:23 +0200

> > >   Lacking context I'm not sure about this, please someone confirm this
> > > one.
> >
> > Probably it means "Autonomous system", which translation is "Sistema
> > autónomo".
>
> 	And that drives me to the point that I find it untranslatable, as it is a
> WHOIS term, and it is probably better to let the 'AS:' string alone.

In some places, like Spanish Wikipedia[1], people consider "SA" acronym
as valid. On the other hand, googling a while, we can find sites where,
mysteriously, "AS" acronym is inherited verbatim from English ("SA" is
not considered).

Anyway, i suggest translate it as "Sistema autónomo: ", to avoid
possible confusions to end users.

[1] http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sistema_aut%C3%B3nomo

--
bye,