Re: powerpc kernel-patch 2.6.6-5 in incoming since over a month !!!

Hi,

Sven Luther writes:

> Please tell me what you gain by not having a depends there ?  what
> is the benefit in _NOT_ installing it ?

No cruft on the many systems where it is not needed at all.

> If you are really going to insist in doing it this way, i would
> insist that we create at least a package containing a special
> non-modular pegasos friendly config, in chrp friendly format.

Again, we have reached a point where further discussion is fruitless.
The question whether mkvmlinuz is Depends or Recommends or Suggests is
secondary.  First, it has to be integrated properly into the
kernel-image postinst, the postinst_hook is only a temporary solution
after all.  Since Manoj wrote that postinst and you have the hardware
to test it, the two of you should sort this out.  If you come up with
a patch that Manoj doesn't want to merge, send it to me and I'll put
it into the official kernel-image packages.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!