Re: powerpc kernel-patch 2.6.6-5 in incoming since over a month !!!

Hi,

Sven Luther writes:

> Well, only 2.4.25 packages, which is why we should make a test for non
> 2.4 kernels or something such. 2.4 kernels don't have the the necessary
> mkvmlinuz magic to make it work anyway.

You can easily use mkvmlinuz on a 2.4 kernel and initrd with the magic
from any of the 2.6 packages.  BTDT.

> And how please do you want to make sure someone with a pegasos
> machine, [...] will be able to boot its machine when he thought he
> had installed the kernel-image package ?

You tell me.  After all, you have the hardware.  Probably there should
be a warning in the postint, just like there is a warning if you
install an initrd kernel and don't configure the bootloader for it.
Since the postinst comes from kernel-package, you need to sort this
out with Manoj.

> not knowing about a mkvmlinuz, [...]  That would be a RC bug, making
> the system unusable and all.

If I had filed a grave bug every time I hosed one of my systems
because I didn't know something, we'd be approaching #300000 now.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!