Re: status of buildds?

* Ingo Juergensmann

| On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 11:34:58PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
| > [..]
| > > We did that last year for m68k, mips, mipsel and alpha and it produced
| > > a great flame since some machines where hosted by non DDs and none of
| > > them were approved by the debian admin team. The opinions (including
| > > an RM too) expressed in that flame resulted in the effort to help
| > > archs with backlogs with extra buildds to shut down to comply with
| > > their wishes.
| > As you well know, the problem was that the buildds were run by
| > non-developers for whom we have no trust relationship, not that they
| > were being run by a developer unofficially.
|
| So, you call me not trustworthy, although it was *me* to first help out m68k
| when kullervo was unable to keep up with package building?

You are not a DD, so Debian does not have a trust relationship with
you.  It has nothing to do whether you are trustworthy or not, it is
about whether you have the trust.  Since you're not a DD, you don't
have that trust.

(And yes, I think it's bad that the m68k port seems to be so dependent
on somebody who isn't a DD.)

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-