Re: status of buildds?

Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2005.bluespice.org> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 08:43:40PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>
> > For s390 and sparc, it appears that only one machine is in place
> > building these archs.
>
> As Bastian Blank said yesterday on IRC, w-b admins are idly refusing to add
> a new buildd for s390 to the ACLs. So, blame neuro and/or elmo, not s390...

The s390 porting team can perfectly well do what the hurd-i386 porting
team does: build them themselves.  I mean, umm, you don't have to be
hooked into w-b to upload packages.

If the s390 team is unhappy with w-b, they can simply set up their own
autobuilding and do it themselves; all the software is free software.

There are probably other solutions too; I find incoherent the concept
of an "idle refusal".

Thomas