Op di, 15-03-2005 te 11:32 +0100, schreef Julien BLACHE:
> For $DEITY's sake. Will you please understand that the Ubuntu folks
> totally failed to inform their fellows about what was going on ?

In july 2003, I co-founded NixSys, a company that provides support and
other things on Free Software; I spend a /lot/ of company time working
for Debian, although I also (and even more so) do stuff that
has /nothing/ to do with Debian, but rather with packages and/or
software I create for customers.

Short of a "yeah, we're there" on IRC when the bylaws were published and
official and all on july 21st, 2003, I didn't do anything to inform
anyone what I was up to, which is considerably less than can be said of
the Canonical folks. In fact, I think it took many months before I
actually told a fellow Debian Developer what the name of my company was,
simply because nobody asked about it before that time.

Will you start hating me too, now?

My point being: I don't think it's reasonable to request Debian people
to publically announce the job they're doing, even if they've got a
fairly important role in Debian, or if the job they're doing will end
them up with less time to spend on Debian than before they were on their
current employer's payroll.

--
Wouter Verhelst
NixSys BVBA