Re: status of buildds?

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 08:43:40PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:

> For s390 and sparc, it appears that only one machine is in place
> building these archs.

As Bastian Blank said yesterday on IRC, w-b admins are idly refusing to add
a new buildd for s390 to the ACLs. So, blame neuro and/or elmo, not s390...

> Meanwhile,  lists quite a few machines of those four archs.
> For arm, we have debussy; for s390 we have raptor and trex; for mipsel
> we hav vaughan, and for sparc we have vore.
> vore is a buildd, but the other three four are essentially idle.
> What would be necessary to leverage these processors and have them
> building?  When there is one buildd, adding another *doubles* the
> progress you can make!

How about a new w-b admin team and a set of several buildds *and* several
buildd admins for each arch?
I would consider a *minimum* of 6 buildds and at least 3-4 buildd admins per
arch a good starting point.

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/