Re: status of buildds?

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:

> Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2005.bluespice.org> writes:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 08:43:40PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>>
>> > For s390 and sparc, it appears that only one machine is in place
>> > building these archs.
>>
>> As Bastian Blank said yesterday on IRC, w-b admins are idly refusing to add
>> a new buildd for s390 to the ACLs. So, blame neuro and/or elmo, not s390...
>
> The s390 porting team can perfectly well do what the hurd-i386 porting
> team does: build them themselves.  I mean, umm, you don't have to be
> hooked into w-b to upload packages.
>
> If the s390 team is unhappy with w-b, they can simply set up their own
> autobuilding and do it themselves; all the software is free software.
>
> There are probably other solutions too; I find incoherent the concept
> of an "idle refusal".
>
> Thomas

We did that last year for m68k, mips, mipsel and alpha and it produced
a great flame since some machines where hosted by non DDs and none of
them were approved by the debian admin team. The opinions (including
an RM too) expressed in that flame resulted in the effort to help
archs with backlogs with extra buildds to shut down to comply with
their wishes.

MfG
        Goswin