* Henning Makholm (henning@makholm.net) wrote:
> Scripsit Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>
> > * Henning Makholm (henning@makholm.net) wrote:
> > > The statistics on the nm.debian.org front page says that the
> > > median time for the "awaiting DAM approval" stage is 57 days.  If that
> > > number is true, there must be a problem that deserves fixing.
>
> > 57 days isn't that long
>
> Did you read the rest of my message, where I explained that the number
> 57 is not true but rather more than twice the actual median?

Nope, didn't bother, and apparently wasn't necessary.

> > and doesn't imply that there's a problem.
>
> These are of course subjective matters, but I think it would be a
> problem in itself if half of the prospective developers needed to wait
> for two months in the DAM phase. The AM checklist says that applicants
> must be "ready, willing, and able to aggressively pursue their
> application", and the initial-contact template ends in
>
> | Note: If you ever need more than 2 weeks for an answer of a mail,
> | please inform me about the delay. If delays are long or frequent, I
> | may put you on hold until you have time to complete the process.
>
> One would assume that an applicant who can sit through *four times* 2
> weeks of silence after "OK, I have recommended that you get accepted"
> without pinging somebody, must be insufficiently aggressive about his
> application.

That's from the AM perspective, and is for one particular AM, really.
The templates are a guideline and, for example, I've got my own somewhat
modified version.  Additionally, the comment says 'for an answer' and a
mail that doesn't need an answer wouldn't apply.

	Stephen