Scripsit Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>
> * Henning Makholm (henning@makholm.net) wrote:

> > The statistics on the nm.debian.org front page says that the
> > median time for the "awaiting DAM approval" stage is 57 days.  If that
> > number is true, there must be a problem that deserves fixing.

> 57 days isn't that long

Did you read the rest of my message, where I explained that the number
57 is not true but rather more than twice the actual median?

> and doesn't imply that there's a problem.

These are of course subjective matters, but I think it would be a
problem in itself if half of the prospective developers needed to wait
for two months in the DAM phase. The AM checklist says that applicants
must be "ready, willing, and able to aggressively pursue their
application", and the initial-contact template ends in

| Note: If you ever need more than 2 weeks for an answer of a mail,
| please inform me about the delay. If delays are long or frequent, I
| may put you on hold until you have time to complete the process.

One would assume that an applicant who can sit through *four times* 2
weeks of silence after "OK, I have recommended that you get accepted"
without pinging somebody, must be insufficiently aggressive about his
application.

--
Henning Makholm               "Monarki, er ikke noget materielt ... Borger!"