* Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> [2004-02-23 09:55]:
> Or is your point perhaps that there are no non-controversial
> rejections at the DAM stage?

This is probably correct.  Non-controversial rejections probably would
usually happen either at the AM (lack of time, interest or skills) or
Front Desk (incomplete report) stage.

> In the "standard" case the DAM would not have much data to go by here,
> would he? If the DAM is supposed to search for mailing-list activity
> from the applicant and read it all to find out whether he is a nice
> guy or not, I can certainly understand the calls for spreading out the
> workload among more people.

Obviously, much information is needed to make good decisions, which is
one reason why it's important the DAM has to know exactly what is
going on in the project.  Fortunately, James has an amazing ability to
follow and remember such things.  He, like me, follows a wide range of
mailing lists which others don't, such as -devel-changes & -bugs-dist.

As I said, I don't quite understand the request to spread things out
when the people doing it are coping with the load quite well.  "Don't
fix it if it ain't broken" is all I can say.  If there are problems in
the NM process, I (as Front Desk) will gladly listen; but please don't
try to fix things just for the sake of it.  As I mentioned in another
posting, DAM and FD is working just fine at the moment.
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com