Re: ITP: mencal -- A menstruation calendar

On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 11:43:36PM -0500, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, Adam Majer wrote:
>
> > > Here's a tip: don't mention anything about the archive getting bloated...
> >
> > Ahhmmm, maybe it's only me and all, but this would be one of the most
> > useless packages in Debian? For Pete's sake, let's get some useful
> > applications up to shape; there are many orphaned packages that
> > would be much more useful than this.
>
> All joking aside (you realize I was making a joke right?) perhaps this
> could be useful to some people.  In some religions including mine there
> are things to be done/avoided during menstruation.  Not that I would use
> it (and if I did I would add the functionality to an existing PIM like
> Korganizer) but the point one person found it useful enough to take the
> time to package it.  Other people might too.  More interesting than, say,
> a joystick calibrator. ;)

LOL :) But without a way of calibrating a joystick, you can't use it, can you?
It'll be all over the place. :)

But to get to my point, menstruation is a _cycle_ that repeats. Hence if it's
regular, you can just bloody fit it to a sine/cosine! (pardon the pun). eg.
using gnuplot.. Personally, I would like to give the women a little more credit
to figure these things out (as it was for thousands of years) without the need
to tell them when they are suppose to have a period because it is the way it's
suppose to happen.. IMO, a woman should know their own cycle the say she should
know what 5+9 is without using a calculator.

But then maybe I'm wrong, and Debian will bloat to 1000G then to 100T and so forth
until it collapses under its own weight. A weight composed not of bit building
blocks that need to be there or specialized building blocks that make lives
of many people easier (eg. iraf) but because of a lump useless little scripts
that could be written in a few minutes (or hours if you don't know what you are
doing). But then maybe someone could also use a calculator to check how
much wear their tires take, or another one on how much their grass will grow by.
Please, let's keep the archive resonable.

- Adam