Re: I'm not quitting that easy. (Was: Re: I would like to vote also.)

On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 03:29:07PM -0800, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

> Someday when/if we meet, you can verify that I'm probably the man
> in the photo, and that I indeed have the private half of that key.
> (barring catastrophy)

until that day, he (and anyone else) would be irresponsible to sign your
key.

this issue is more than tiresome. you've been told numerous times what
the correct procedure is for getting your key into the debian keyring,
and you've been told numerous times why your proposal for getting a key
signed only on the basis of a digitised photo is both stupid and wrong.

the correct procedure is:

1. generate a private & public key pair

2. *optionally* get your key signed by other people, preferably other
debian developers. this involves a face-to-face meeting where you show
your key's fingerprint and as much real ID as you can find - at least a
driver's license or passport or similar.

3. send the public key to whoever is looking after the debian keyring

either follow the instructions or shut the fuck up about it.

craig

--
craig sanders