Re: I'm not quitting that easy. (Was: Re: I would like to vote also.)

On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 03:29:07PM -0800, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

>     Karl> </sigh> You must have skipped the next paragraph...  I *do* get it.
>     Karl> I said that.  It doesn't prove I'm the man in the photo, just that
>     Karl> the man in the photo is the man they've met.
>
>     Thomas> Well, that's quite irrelevant then.  They can tell us that without any
>     Thomas> signatures or PGP at all.
>
>  But that key can tie me to that photo I uploaded.  Unless I'm proxy
>  for several people and let one of them sign my ID and upload it for
>  me, my having the private half of that key ties me in some way (How
>  securely?) to that signed scan.  Someday when/if we meet, you can
>  verify that I'm probably the man in the photo, and that I indeed have
>  the private half of that key.  (barring catastrophy)

Hi, I've got this signed picture of Karl I wanted to show you...

You've signed it.  That does not tie you to that photo at all;
certainly it shows that Karl signed the photo for some reason, but no
more.  The signed photo adds nothing.

But we've been over this before.

Hopefully you can work this issue out now...

Dan