Re: I'm not quitting that easy. (Was: Re: I would like to vote also.)

karlheg@bittersweet.member.dsl-only.net (Karl M. Hegbloom) writes:

>  That is not true.  I've tried to prove my identity by signing a scan
>  of my state ID with the key and placing that in my home directory on
>  people.debian.org.  The few maintainers whom I've met in person can
>  look at that ID scan and verify that the man in the photo is the man
>  they met.  That was an attempt at verifying my identity.

That doesn't prove your identity.  At all!  That's what you don't get.

I could make a key tomorrow, and sign a picture of you with that key.
It doesn't prove that they key is yours.

That's the whole point of key signatures, and you Just Don't Get It.