Re: I'm not quitting that easy. (Was: Re: I would like to vote also.)

    Karl> That is not true.  I've tried to prove my identity by signing a scan
    Karl> of my state ID with the key and placing that in my home directory on
    Karl> people.debian.org.  The few maintainers whom I've met in person can
    Karl> look at that ID scan and verify that the man in the photo is the man
    Karl> they met.  That was an attempt at verifying my identity.

    Thomas> That doesn't prove your identity.  At all!  That's what you don't get.

 </sigh> You must have skipped the next paragraph...  I *do* get it.
 I said that.  It doesn't prove I'm the man in the photo, just that
 the man in the photo is the man they've met.

    Thomas> I could make a key tomorrow, and sign a picture of you with that key.
    Thomas> It doesn't prove that they key is yours.

 Right.  That's the point.

    Thomas> That's the whole point of key signatures, and you Just Don't Get It.

 No, Thomas, I do get it.  Read the mail you are responding to again please.

--
mailto: Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@debian.org>
http://people.debian.org/~karlheg/