Re: vote

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 12:53:26PM -0400, Dan Papasian wrote:

	[[[ .... ]]]

> > Now can we go back to _how_ to do things?
>
> Isn't that what we're discussing?
>
> You do have to plan before you act...

	I think as much earnest discussion as is reasonable is
	warranted; also that too much pondering stands in the way
	of honest progress.

	To my fellow hackers I say that charging ahead is certain
	to bring myriad painful snags and mis-takes.  But learning
	by mistakes is a tremendous Plus++.

	As for my prefs, even tho I've used FreeBSD since 2.0.5, I
	would vote to use either the Open or Net distributions, make
	use of the BSD libc where it makes sense, and glibc for
	everything else.

	What's wrong with having a /usr/ucb/{bin,lib,include} ?  Non-kernel
	things-BSD could be planned up-front and implemented later on
	rather than hacked in as an afterthought.

	gary

--
   Gary D. Kline    kline@thought.org  www.thought.org    Public service Unix