Re: vote

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 04:49:46PM +0200, Andreas Krennmair wrote:
> This is a vote what system that we should take as basis for our project.
>
> 1) Which kernel?
>   b) NetBSD kernel

NetBSD has similar goals to Debian, at least when it comes to multi-
platform compatibility. Debian will do well to choose NetBSD for this
reason.

Darwin shouldn't be considered, because its license is probably too
restrictive for such a core component of Debian, and it currently
only runs well on PPC.

> 2) What userland
>   c) mostly GNU utilities + some very system dependent userland
>      utilities.

GNU is great! I need 'df -h' !