Re: dpkg modification: non-interactivity

    TL> Mikolaj just suggested to have each option described with the
    TL> package.
    TL> It supplies the information what this option is about, for
    TL> example:
    TL> mail/smarthost: This is the host all mail is forwarded to.
    TL> [...]

  Exactly so. Does anyone see any issues with a simple stripped down
interface such as this? If not, then once the slink freeze is out of
the way, we can request a policy amendment to require that all
configuration interaction be done through this mechanism, and then we
can work on the more interesting problems like database backends.

m.