Re: dpkg modification: non-interactivity

>> "MJH" == Mikolaj J Habryn <dichro-f8516fbf@eris.rcpt.to> writes:

MJH> So, a new package can drop package-specific variable descriptions
MJH> neatly into that hierarchy, run update-variables, and forget about
MJH> them, other than filing a bug report against whichever package they
MJH> should be moved into. The question of which package /should/ contain
MJH> them I'll leave open.

I don't fuly understand this: Do you suggest these files should also
hold the value this variable should use, so that the postinst script
would use the value instead asking the user?

I think this is like the database Wichert will work on, no?

Otherwise: what use would these description have?

Ciao,
	Martin