Re: dpkg modification: non-interactivity

Previously Martin Bialasinski wrote:
> This would require, that the user makes the installationscript
> non-interaktive.

The {pre,post}{inst,rm} should definitely be non-interactive.

> This also won't address dpkg asking if it may overwrite a conffile.

Interesting point. The problem here is that you can't really set this
centrally for a cluster since each machine that uses the central
configuration might have different config-files. I'm not sure what to do
about that..

> This requires a "master" workstation to do a sample install, so that a
> proper expect script can be generated.

I don't see that, we have dependencies to prevent that.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl