Re: kullervo

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 05:48:40PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Ingo J?rgensmann dixit:
>
> >As Thorsten already stated: I think you'll need to use multistrap or so.
>
> ???Or so??? being:
>
> wget -O - https://www.freewrt.org/~tg/f/20121227/m68k-buildd.tgz | tar xzpf -
>
> As https://www.freewrt.org/~tg/f/20121227/0-INFO.txt states, that file
> precisely contains the result of ???debootstrap --variant=buildd???, which
> in turn is what you want.
>
> (Myself, I used sbuild-createchroot on my own APT repo.)
>
> You can then use apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade inside the
> buildd chroot. And since it???s a matter of trust, checksums are in
> https://www.freewrt.org/~tg/f/20121227/1-CKSUM.asc and signed with
> my DD key.

Ok, gotcha. On the first try I got a kernel panic when formatting the
logical volume but now I have an updated chroot. sbuild is next, then
buildd. The wiki is still a bit sketchy, IMHO, I'll probably add a few
things. If only as a reminder for myself, since there are a few more
machines waiting to be set up.

So what is the problem with debootstrapping unstable? Are some important
packages still in unreleased, and btw what is "unreleased"? Do they have
m68k specific patches that are not yet in the debian version? Then I hope it
is only a matter of time until they move to unstable. That might help in
getting a working d-i, and maybe new CD images *dream* :-)

thanks,
Christian