Re: kullervo

Am 23.01.2013 um 23:54 schrieb "Christian T. Steigies" <cts@debian.org>:

> kullervo is doing fine so far with the new kernel and current debian.
> I am setting up a new chroot, then I will have a look at sbuild and buildd.
> A few things seem to have changed. I hope I do not need to use LVM for the
> chroots?

You should preferrably use either LVM or BTRFS snapshotsto speed up deinstallation of build-dep packages. I've chosen LVM because I'm unfamiliar with BTRFS, which is the most recommended option for handling chroots.

> Also, why do I see only 107MB RAM, I thought it has 128MB?

On Arrakis, which has 128M as well:

arrakis:/home/ij# free -m
Mem:           114        109          5          0          6         41
-/+ buffers/cache:         61         53
Swap:         1161         45       1115

But I'm using -m memfile:

2097152
0x08000000 125829120

Because otherwise the kernel won't boot. How do you start your kernel on kullervo? Is it the stock kernel from debian-ports or manually built?

--
Ciao...            //      Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo       \X/       http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey:  http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc