failure notice (fwd)

The v1.17 code was never tested with emx, and so it sadly, is not very
compatible with it.  The problems you describe are known, and are being
addressed in the v1.21 port. If you have access to a commercial compiler
such as IBM VisualAge or Borland C++ you will find things much more stable
with 1.17.

As far as control spacing goes, this is a problem that is tough to
solve, because what works for one display driver/resolution combo,
may not work for others.  In principle, they should all work because
dialogs are all drawn to a standard resolution, the dialog unit, but
in practise it is not so.  The solution, is to increase the 'white space'
between controls.  The result is a larger than necessary spacing for
many displays.  Oh well, that's the way things are, and there's nothing
I can do about it.  This problem gets worse the higher the display
resolution you have.  I see the same effect in windows too.

Jon Hacker