Re: [Nbd] Yet another NBD server out there

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 02:26:01PM +0000, Alex Bligh wrote:
> Wouter,
>
> On 11 Mar 2013, at 13:28, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>
> > (note, I can't turn it into an LGPL library without reimplementing or
> > sending out huge swaths of emails asking for permission, so it'll
> > probably be GPL)
>
> I understand the issues here, but that would prevent it being used in
> QEMU,

On what do you base that statement? AIUI, qemu already is GPLv2, so this
wouldn't be impossible for them.

> and was the whole reason I didn't do it myself and send the
> code back (if you remember a period when I was sending rather a lot
> of patches).
>
> If anyone would be interested, I have (well had) new-style negotiation
> running completely non-blocking from a select loop, written from
> the spec rather than the code (at least in part as I couldn't
> figure out what the code was doing), as a state machine. I could look
> into open sourcing this (we'd probably just MIT/BSD licence it). I don't
> really have bandwidth to turn it into a library. It was mildly fiddly,
> but I wouldn't classify it as difficult.

It sounds interesting, yes, but I probably don't have the bandwidth
myself.

--
Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy requires you
to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once, add a voucher, and