Re: [Nbd] Yet another NBD server out there

On 11 Mar 2013, at 12:18, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> Every time someone reimplements nbd-server, I die a little inside.

I think separating out the negotiation stuff, and possibly the
packet processing stuff, into an LGPL library might increase the
life expectancy of your internal organs then.

This would allow a simple 50 line program to run as an NBD server.

There are various things like qemu-nbd (and something I wrote
with a very different backend) which could use that happily.
Things which use a fundamentally different backend are always
going to be best done as separate programs. It's the duplication
of the negotiation stuff which is a PITA.

--
Alex Bligh