Re: Some updates to the sysvinit/initactions spec

   Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 08:13:41 +0100
   From: Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de>

   1.  /usr/lib/lsb/init-functions: You cannot source a file from /usr
       if your script should mount /usr or runs before $remote_fs is
       set.

Good point.  The original place which I had suggested was
/etc/init.d/lsb-init-functions, but some folks objected to this on a
number of grounds (a) they didn't like it in /etc, and (b)
lsb-init-functions isn't an actual init.d script, but rather a fragment
of one.

Does anyone care to suggest another location?

   2. killproc basename [signal] and pidofproc basename:

      Can we replace basename with "path" ? If we have the full path
      to a program it is much easier and safer to identify the right
      process.

This seems reasonable to me, although it's a change from what the
SysVinit package does.  Comments?

						- Ted