Re: Some updates to the sysvinit/initactions spec

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 06, tytso@mit.edu wrote:

> Raymund Will and I discussed some contradictions in the Init Script
> actions page, especially as it relates to exit codes, and so I've made
> the following changes to that part of the spec.  I don't think any of
> these should be terribly controversial:
>
> 1)  In the example test statement at the top of the file:
>
>        test -f program-executed-laster-in-file || exit 0
>
> the "exit 0" has been changed to "exit 5" (program is not installed),
> since that's the exit code specified by the later part of the spec.

Ok, this is what we already doing.

2) - 5) look also very good.

> Any comments?

Yes, there are still two problem:

1.  /usr/lib/lsb/init-functions: You cannot source a file from /usr
    if your script should mount /usr or runs before $remote_fs is
    set.

2. killproc basename [signal] and pidofproc basename:

   Can we replace basename with "path" ? If we have the full path
   to a program it is much easier and safer to identify the right
   process.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/       kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Schanzaeckerstr. 10            90443 Nuernberg