Re: Some updates to the sysvinit/initactions spec

   Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 00:18:41 -0500
   From: "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso@MIT.EDU>

   Good point.  The original place which I had suggested was
   /etc/init.d/lsb-init-functions, but some folks objected to this on a
   number of grounds (a) they didn't like it in /etc, and (b)
   lsb-init-functions isn't an actual init.d script, but rather a fragment
   of one.

   Does anyone care to suggest another location?

No one has commented, so I'll offer a few suggestions:

/lib/lsb/init-functions
/etc/init.d/lsb-init-functions
/etc/lsb-init-functions

If no one comments, I'll choose /lib/lsb/init-functions.  That seems to
make the most amount of sense.

      2. killproc basename [signal] and pidofproc basename:

	 Can we replace basename with "path" ? If we have the full path
	 to a program it is much easier and safer to identify the right
	 process.

   This seems reasonable to me, although it's a change from what the
   SysVinit package does.  Comments?

I've heard no comments on this either.  If someone thinks this is a bad
idea, speak now or forever hold your peace....

						- Ted