Re: Some updates to the sysvinit/initactions spec

> This seems reasonable to me, although it's a change from what the
> SysVinit package does.  Comments?

personally I'd prefer to see /etc contain only files that change when config
changes are made. Executables (including scripts) might rather be immutable,
and be placed somewhere amenable to read-only mounting;
somewhere like /lib/lsb, /lib/lsbinit, /sbin/lsbinit, or somesuch.
Perhaps /etc might contain symlinks to 'real' scripts, for convenient
replacement..

In a nutshell I think keeping static files out of /etc helps change and
security
management.
A similar rationale keeps logs under /var.

john