FHS 2.1 release imminent

Well, nobody had complaints about the latest FHS 2.1 draft and it fixes
the problems in FHS 2.0 that I set out to fix (specifically, the things
that developers complained about), so I'm planning on officially
releasing FHS 2.1 soon, probably this weekend.

I do plan on rewriting some sections in the FHS in the future, mostly to
clarify some confusing material and formalize some other areas, but I
don't want to delay any more.

If you would like to review the last draft, here's the location:

    http://www.pathname.com/fhs/fhs-2.1-pre-03.tar.gz

I also put up a diffmk version that shows the differences (in the
margin) between the above draft and FHS 2.0:

    http://www.pathname.com/fhs/fhs-diffmk.tar.gz

I wouldn't mind receiving another spell or grammar check (I'm sure there
are still a few mistakes), but please send spelling patches separate
from other changes.

I also would really like to hear from a few more Linux distributions
that someone has looked over the document before it is released.

(Hint hint.)

Dan