Re: Post-RFC item types

On 05-Apr-2021 06:45, Peter Smith wrote:
Looking at the other end: I did an automated survey a couple of years ago to find all of the currently used Gopher menu types <https://sunriseprogrammer.blogspot.com/2019/03/directory-entry-says-what-current.html>.

What a wonderful resource - that is just the kind of thing I joined the mailing list for.

Every so often I'd come across a new selector I hadn't seen before and think "should I try to implement this one or not in my client?" Your summary page gives an empirical picture of what is actually used in practice. The long tail rest can be mostly be handled as a generic binary download.

Many thanks!

 - Luke