Re: gopher feh support

On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 11:22:05 +0200
"Ivan J." <parazyd@dyne.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 04, 2021 at 03:30:51PM +0100, Peter Garner (iPad) wrote:

> > > Very useful.  Feh is my go-to image viewer on Debian systems, which don't
> > > usually have in the repos xv, which is my actual favorite.  Feh+Gopher
> > > seems like a win.
> >
> > Interesting .. I installed feh today and it works fine from the command
> > line. However, when I try it from within my gopher client I just get a menu
> > popup asking whether I want to save/download or print. I set up a local and
> > system-wide gopherrc config file looking like this:
> >
> > map: image/gif,feh %s,
> > map: image/jpg,feh %s,
> > map: image/jpeg,feh %s
> >
> > Am I missing something?
>
> Is the source code of your client available somewhere for reading?
>
> Best regards,
> Ivan

I installed from a Debian package: I will try and get the source to ave a look
at though.

Package: gopher
Version: 3.0.16+b2
Section: net
Source: gopher (3.0.16)
Maintainer: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>
Installed-Size: 269 kB
Provides: gopher-client
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.14), libncurses6 (>= 6), libtinfo6 (>= 6)
Tag: interface::text-mode, network::client, protocol::gopher, role::program,
 uitoolkit::ncurses
Download-Size: 109 kB
APT-Manual-Installed: yes
APT-Sources: http://deb.debian.org/debian buster/main amd64 Packages
 This package contains the client for the distributed global directory
 and hypertext system known as gopher.  This is a text-based (ncurses)
 client from the University of Minnesota.  It also supports the gopher+
 protocol, as well as links to ftp, http, and other external viewers.