Issues with the reference gopher client, magic is needed.

Seeking advice.

I wrote a tiny sh script that uses gsed (I need regex) to clean up the
gophermap output for the cgi code on the Gutenberg rewrite. Lynx of
course displays perfectly. Sacc displays my leading `i' on text lines
(!! -- if you use telnet, or G in lynx to change the type to 0 or
pipe to od -c the output is identical to any other gophermap so I do not
understand this behavior). UMN Gopher randomly chooses to display or
not text lines.

Text lines start with i. Text lines end with \tnull.host\t1. EOL is
\r\n.

What is the magic reference gopher expects? Basically every cgi app I
have ever written refuses to correctly display in gopher unless it is
called from a gophermap as `=cgi-bin/app' -- which does not work for
type 7.

Disclaimer to avoid a lecture: Yes, I am fully aware I am shoehorning
functionality into something that wasn't designed for it. However,
unless I can pass user input there will be no search.

Help!!

--
Nathaniel Leveck
gopher://gopher.leveck.us