gopher2html, a possible way to browse the gopherspace via w3m

Hello to the entire Gopher community!
As an exercise in reading RFC 1436 I have written a simple AWK
script that I use to browse the gopherspace via w3m.

Under the hood it uses siteconf (~/.w3m/siteconf by default) and
local CGI scripts support in w3m (if you would like to learn more
about them please give a look to README.siteconf and the w3m manual
provided by w3m).

siteconf permits to rewrite URLs so all gopher:// URLs are
passed to the gopher2html.cgi local CGI script invoked by w3m.
gopher2html.cgi just uses curl and then pipe the response to
gopher2html that renders it in HTML.

Code and instructions on how to use it are in:

 <https://bitbucket.org/iamleot/gopher2html>

(or, if you prefer you can just `hg clone' that URL).

A mandatory "screenshot":

| % w3m -dump gopher://gopherproject.org
|
|    Welcome to Gopherproject.org!
|
| You are entering the gopherspace. All visitors are welcome to come here,
| settle down and become an inhabitant of the gopherspace too.
|
| Here is a little introduction for you newcomers:
| Getting started with gopher. (floodgap)
|
| The fast links to get further in gopherspace:
| The Gopher Lawn (categorized links)
| [                    ][SUBMIT]
| Search using contrition (forthworks)
|
| Common centers of gopher activity:
| sdf.org
| floodgap.com
| quux.org
| bitreich.org
|
| Do you want to meet the community?
| Join #gopherproject on freenode.org.
| Discuss with us at gopher-project@other.debian.org
|
| Do you want to settle down in gopherspace?
| Ask the nice people at sdf.org for a gopherhole.
| Or setup your own gopher server. Just ask the community for how to.

I have used it in the last months on NetBSD machines but it should work
on every Unix-like systems.

Feel free to contact me if you find any problems/bugs and/or if
some features are missing (there are some TODOs at the moment, e.g.
regarding error handling but for most daily use to browse gopherspace
it should work)!

While here thank you very much for this nice community and keep up the
good work!