Re: Regarding Traditional Chinese Translation of apt

Quoting imacat (imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw):

> > Imacat was asking about Traditional Chinese, the written form used in
> > Taiwan (and Hong-Kong, IIRC), namely zh_TW. She's currently trying to
> > get most native packages' translation complete for zh_TW (dpkg just
> > got completed)
>
>     Thank you Perrier.  Actually I searched the internet, and find some
> recent PO of apt that uses a completely different terminology.  I wanted
> to make sure what is in the current up-to-date zh_TW.po now (and by
> who), so that the zh_TW translation in Wheezy will not become a disaster.

May I suggest that you don't CC 687002@bugs.debian.org to
answers? This is the bug I opened when you sent the translation for
dpkg, so any mail to this address goes to dpkg maintainers. As apt
translation has nothing to do with dpkg, better not mixing things up.

The "deity" mailing list is the APT development mailing list, so
sending mails to it about APT is fine.

About the "last" version of zh_TW translation of APT. It is there:

http://anonscm.debian.org/loggerhead/apt/debian-sid/annotate/head:/po/zh_TW.po

This file is the copy in the VCS that is used to develop APT.

Another way to get it is there:

http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/

Then follow "State of "l10n" in PO files, i.e. how well the packages
are translated:", "language list", click on the zh_TW link, which will
bring you to http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/zh_TW

Then find  APT in "Section: main". You get a link to the PO
file. Here, this is the PO file in the package as it is currently in
Debian, ie the "published" version".

Both are indeed the same as there is no pending update as of now.

Once you get the file, work on it, then send it back as a bug report
against apt. How to do that is explained here:

http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

Feel free to ask for any help on the debian-i18n mailing list, which I
suggest you subscribe to.