Re: [APT2] Initial public push

On Mi, 2010-08-11 at 22:29 +0300, Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
> Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> > The last time I looked at your C++ tree, there were no accessor
> > functions and d-pointers, but members listed in public headers.
> Right. If they do not count as 'ancestors', well, fine.
Well, if the members are public you end up with the fragile base class
problem (http://2f.ru/holy-wars/fbc.html) - that's one of the reasons
for the high number of ABI breaks in APT.

The easiest solution to this problem is to use incomplete types. The
solution that makes most sense for C++ seems to be d-pointers.

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.