Re: coordination? (was: APT 0.6 development: who to synchronize with?)

On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 02:46:57PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> This thread reminds me: where is APT development being done? The
> deity mailing list is empty but works seems to happen. Was it
> intentionally moved away from the public?
>
> How is APT 0.6 development coordinated?

I don't think that the development was moved away from the public.
The recent move from cvs to arch made the development more public and
a lot easier than it was before. Now it's just a matter to branch of
Matt's main tree and start working on a bugfix or a feature. It's very
easy for Matt to review and merge changes/patches this way, especially
if each feature get's it's own branch. Keeping in sync with Matt's
tree is easy too, so even if patches are not accepted it's still easy
to keep them in sync with the mainline tree. And it's easier than
before to see what happens in the other apt branches (e.g. in the
apt--pdiff branch) by just registering the archive and following it's
development.

Cheers,
 Michael