Re: coordination? (was: APT 0.6 development: who to synchronize with?)

Quoting Michael Vogt (mvo@debian.org):

> I don't think that the development was moved away from the public

I think that Martin's concern was mostly about the mailing list not
being used enough for discussions and announcements about APT
development.

I'm completely sure that there is no conscient move to "secret
development", just some care to talk about what's happening and who
works on what which may make the visibility of the development less
great.

I hereby suggest that people working on some areas just announce it
here and post their archive address.

APT development has received a big push recently and there are
obviously many areas which need work. Using this list as a
coordination list seems to be important to do. Good tools such as
tla/baz cannot do all this for us..:-)

For instance, is there someone currently working on bug triage? I bet
that APT bug log needs some serious cleaning..:-)