Re: Getting the Nouveau driver in Lenny and a half
- To: Henry-Nicolas Tourneur <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Getting the Nouveau driver in Lenny and a half
- From: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:39:05 +0100
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <1237565962.6572.6.camel@Virgil>
- References: <1237547540.4014.26.camel@Virgil> <email@example.com> <1237565962.6572.6.camel@Virgil>
On Fre, 2009-03-20 at 17:19 +0100, Henry-Nicolas Tourneur wrote:
> > There are other potential options, e.g.
> > * Backport EXA changes required by nouveau to the lenny
> > xserver-xorg-core. This might benefit other drivers as well.
> > * Ship EXA bits required by nouveau as part of
> > xserver-xorg-video-nouveau.
> Of course that would be great, but (correct me if I'm wrong) if we do
> that (point 1), we will change the EXA Xorg interface, therefore, we
> will have to update all X drivers and that will also make a lot of
No, EXA has been backwards compatible since before xserver 1.1, so the
drivers should continue working without a rebuild (and also with one).
> For the second solution, I definitely don't know enough either Xorg or
> nouveau to know if that would be easy or not.
It shouldn't be too hard.
Earthling Michel Dänzer | http://www.vmware.com
Libre software enthusiast | Debian, X and DRI developer