Re: Packaging nouveau

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 23:42:23 +0200, Vincent Bernat wrote:

> OoO La  nuit ayant  déjà recouvert  d'encre ce jour  du dimanche  11 mai
> 2008, vers 23:02, Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> disait:
>
> > As I said in a previous message, libdrm changed ABI incompatibly between
> > 2.3.0 and current master.  That means you MUST NOT provide libdrm2.
>
> They did not assign  a new library number yet. I won't  take the risk to
> try to guess if it  will be libdrm3 or libdrm2.4. Moreover, nouveau/mesa
> repository   don't  compile   (it   seems  to   compile  libGLU   before
> libGL). Managing  a different branch of mesa  is far too much  for me. I
> think that  I will wait a bit  before trying again, at  least until mesa
> related nouveau development join back official mesa repository.

I haven't looked at the nouveau repo, but using mesa master you can tell
configure exactly what you want to build (in your case, libGL and the
nouveau dri driver) so that shouldn't be too difficult hopefully.
Although if that's too much of a burden, you probably only need mesa for
3d, and the driver should work just fine for 2d using the drm driver and
the ddx?

Cheers,
Julien