Re: Feature Freeze

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 11:37:10AM +1000, Drew Parsons wrote:
> David Nusinow wrote:
> > I'm going to let your uploads of the input drivers slide this time because
> > I would have approved them. However, as I'm still the acting release
> > manager for the XSF, I'm going to have to ask you to not violate the freeze
> > again without permission. If you do so again, then my only recourse will be
> > to have your access to the svn repo revoked, and your name removed from the
> > uploaders field from all the XSF packages. If you're not going to behave
> > like a team player, then you shouldn't be on the team.
>
> David, I really don't care about these input drivers, I don't use them myself.
>
> I thought you had made a simple mistake in calling the freeze before
> they had been processed, so I thought I was providing a service in
> helping get them done as quick as possible.

It was a simple mistake, you were 100% right in that. And I appreciate very
much that you were eager to get it done, and I know your uploads are always
well done and that you would have fixed any problems that might have popped
up. You do great work, and your instinct was very right in that the input
drivers slipped my mind and that they should have gone in.

But since the way things are strucutred is so loose, and I don't have any
way to actually enforce a freeze (whereas our release team can let through
what they will, while upstream just branches and pulls what they want) I
have to make sure we're all on the same page and voluntarily working
together. If someone isn't working that way, then they either need to be
removed or we have to do uploads differently. I'd rather give everyone on
the team the ability to upload at will, and I think that this move has
worked out well so far.

> I apologise for being wrong in these assumptions.

As said before, you weren't wrong, but we need to cooperate for this
structure to work.

 - David Nusinow