Re: Feature Freeze

Hi Drew,

On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 06:29:58PM +1000, Drew Parsons wrote:
> David wrote:
> >  With the upload of compiz to unstable, I'm instituting a feature freeze
> > across the X packages. The new savage driver can go in, and I'll consider a
> > new ati release if upstream decides to do one, but our current package set
> > is frozen as is.
>
> We have not updated all the input drivers to 7.1 yet.

I'm going to let your uploads of the input drivers slide this time because
I would have approved them. However, as I'm still the acting release
manager for the XSF, I'm going to have to ask you to not violate the freeze
again without permission. If you do so again, then my only recourse will be
to have your access to the svn repo revoked, and your name removed from the
uploaders field from all the XSF packages. If you're not going to behave
like a team player, then you shouldn't be on the team.

An item I missed in my mail is that the xprint packages are all outside the
bounds of the freeze, and they are fully in your jurisdiction to do what
you will.

 - David Nusinow