Re: Request For Permission To Upload Xorg 7.1 To Unstable

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 10:14 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 09:56, Drew Parsons wrote:
> >
> > Are you absolutely sure the -mouse driver crashed?  Can you try mouse
> > 1:1.1.1-2 while keeping ati at which ever version works?
>
> xserver-xorg-core		2:1.0.2-10
> xserver-xorg-input-mouse	1:1.1.1-2
> xserver-xorg-video-ati		1:6.5.8.0-1
>
> (II) Module mouse: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
>         compiled for 7.1.1, module version = 1.1.1
>         Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
>         ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 0.6
> (EE) module ABI minor version (6) is newer than the server's version (5)
> (II) UnloadModule: "mouse"
> (II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/mouse_drv.so
> (EE) Failed to load module "mouse" (module requirement mismatch, 0)

OK, thanks for verifying.  Since its only an ABI minor version change,
that means the input drivers will work with the old server if built for
the old server, which is not the case for the video drivers.  So while
the 7.1 input drivers from experimental won't work with the old 1.0.2
server, we will be able to rebuild them and upload them for unstable.

Xavier, if you want to get back on to the new 7.1 system, then
xserver-xorg-core 2:1.1.1-4 is the version to go from.

Drew