Re: Request For Permission To Upload Xorg 7.1 To Unstable

Steve Langasek wrote:
> but AFAICS libxfixes is tied to the server only by build-deps, which means
>   the server won't delay getting the libxfixes update into unstable.

More precisely, the server only depends on the fixes proto header, not
on libxfixes.  The lib is only used by client code.

We haven't mentioned the input drivers yet.  Most of them still need to
be upgraded (all minor upgrades) and are not yet in experimental. There
is no ABI change for them so they should work in both the 7.0 and 7.1.
Are we in the clear to load them directly to unstable now, or should we
still buffer them via experimental?  The commonly used ones are already
in experimental and there's not much point putting the other more
exotic ones into experimental, I think, since they won't get tested
there.  I can check they build and install but I can't check they work,
and this is the same whether I prepare them for experimental or for
unstable.

Drew