Re: dri_util.c:157: warning: pointer targets differ in signedness.

--- Philip Armstrong <phil@kantaka.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 06:41:38PM -0600, John Lightsey wrote:
> > First let me say that if anyone would like to take over updating the
> > dri-trunk-sid packages on a semi-regular basis, I'd really appreciate
> > it.  I don't track the Debian X or DRI mailing lists closely enough to
> > keep up with changes.
>
> I'd like to, but I'm not sure I have the time. I'll pull the sources
> over sometime over the new year and take a look.

This might not be posible untill there is a sutable Xserver avalable !with
out! using DRI's old xc tree, read below.

> > On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 15:00 -0800, Mike Mestnik wrote:
> > > At this time Xorg is used for most of the DRI development.  It also
> seams
> > > that the dri, glx, and opengl Xdrivers can be built in the Mesa tree
> with
> > > libGL and the dri_ Xdrivers.  Since Mesa is now able to build
> against
> > > Xfree86 and Xorg this would seam to fix most of the problems.
> > >

> > This is news to me.  I thought the current recommended way of doing
> > things was to build an Xorg xserver, glx, and libgl, then build the 3D
> > drivers in Mesa.
>
> Maybe he's referring to embedded Mesa?

No, the current unofficial pkgs use the OLD xc tree to build Mesa and we
also need to build X from that tree.  Since the Mesa tree has changed the
xc tree is now totaly bittroten, with no reason to correct this.  I don't
think it will be posible to build the Xserver binary w/o using a(read as
any) xc tree.  The only solution I see is to port the needed, if any,
changes to a working and maintained xc tree.

When this is done the only problem that remains is the 2d Xdrivers, as I
woulden't expect any one to pickup the MeargedFB code.  I think with
little effort the Mesa tree can be made to build a wider veriaty of
Xdrivers since currenty the 3d Xdrivers are built in this tree.

I think this is the best way to get the Debian DRI pkgs building again.  I
would hope that some one familure with Mesa builds would atleast create
the makefiles and symlinked headers for the 2d Xdrivers to build on.  The
real problem is how to get the changes out of the old xc tree, this I
can't solve but I know it must be done, if it must be done.