Re: [Xprint] Re: X Strike Force XOrg SVN commit: r19 -inxorg/trunk/debian: . scripts

> On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 07:44:30AM +0200, Roland Mainz wrote:
>> > |>|
>> > the |>| copyright notice was just copied over from the original font
>> > from the |>| converter and does NOT apply to the font metrics files.
>
> I'd appreciate some precise references, please.  I don't remember this
> issue being discussed on debian-x.
> I am perfectly willing to be persuaded that these files are under a
> DFSG-free copyright license, or are in the public domain, but in my
> view you haven't made a convincing case yet.
>
> Drew, do you have any recollections on this subject?
>
> --
> G. Branden Robinson                |     Life is what happens to you

Someone raised the question of whether Xprint font files need to be
removed, probably in 2002 as Roland said. I asked Roland about it and he
replied they were under the same X11 licence as the other files. I
accepted this and didn't pursue the question further.
I can't find the discussion archived, it may have been a private
correspondence with Roland.  The guts of the argument were the same that
Roland is presenting here.  I hope his reply to you on Saturday has
convinced you.
Drew