Re: [Xprint] Re: X Strike Force XOrg SVN commit: r19 -inxorg/trunk/debian: . scripts

>> > |>|
>> > the |>| copyright notice was just copied over from the original font
>> > from the |>| converter and does NOT apply to the font metrics files.
>
> I'd appreciate some precise references, please.  I don't remember this
> issue being discussed on debian-x.

> I am perfectly willing to be persuaded that these files are under a
> DFSG-free copyright license, or are in the public domain, but in my
> view you haven't made a convincing case yet.
>
> Drew, do you have any recollections on this subject?
>
> --
> G. Branden Robinson                |     Life is what happens to you

I remember someone raised the question of whether the Xprint font files
should be excluded just as you did with XFree86.  I brought the question
to Roland, who replied the files were under the normal X11 licence and
were therefore free.  I accepted this without taking the matter further.
I can't find the discussion archived, it may have been a private
correspondence with Roland. The guts of the argument were the same that
Roland is raising here.  I hope the extra comments Roland made in reply to
you on Saturday have convinced you.
Drew