Re: hurd-i386 updates

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 11:57:42AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> I say do what you like, but keep in mind 1) that we no longer really have a
> relationship with XFree86 upstream, at least when it comes to Imakefiles
> and 2) no one other than XFree86 appears to be interested in retraining
> Imake as a build system.
>
> In other words, my ordinary caution about major overhauls in this part of
> the tree is not engaged, but please don't spend time engineering a solution
> for the ages, as the rest of the X community seems pretty interested in
> making sure Imake doesn't live very much longer.

Yeah, this makes a lot of sense. I've wished imake went eat rotten flesh for
a bunch of times now.. ;)

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)